Sunday, October 2, 2011

Haider Ackermann Spring 2012: This Ain't Yer Mama's Dynasty

This morning, my mum dismissively commented, "ugh, '80s shoulder-pads are back." I replied, "Mum, check out thisss collection," and pulled up the slides from Haider Ackermann Spring/Summer 2012. She wasn't impressed. She told me to Google "Dynasty" and that'd show me the REAL 1980s. I still haven't bothered Googling. I watched Degrassi Jr High. I know what's up. The problem is, looking at legitimate 1980s clothing in its natural habitat--I can't tell who actually is supposed to look good and who isn't. However, 1980's inspired clothing lines work much better for me.

Ackermann's latest collection in a string of warm critic responses presents saturated colourful silks, chiffons, and shears. Ackermann's use of menswear inspired lines is explained by the thought of women who steal their clothes from their lovers and apply those lines to make an outfit that's effortlessly chic. Along for the ride are slouchy pants and scarves, oversized garments and boxy tops. Still, the styling works, translating into 41 incredibly fierce looks.











Posted by: Carla 

No comments:

Post a Comment